AI-423: ChatGPT/GPT4 Application Developer
Course description: Artificial intelligence has become an extremely important area for IT professionals and engineers in the past 10-20 years with the scientific breakthroughs and practical applications of deep learning and more recently of generative AI systems, especially with its Large Language Model (LLM) variant such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google’s Bard. Due to its importance and impact on every aspect of our lives, understanding the concepts, functionalities and practical usage of AI systems is quickly becoming essential for all IT and other technical professionals as well as for managers with technical background.
This training focuses on ChatGPT/GPT API Prompt Engineering and teaches participants the following topics (preliminary version):
- Techniques for effective prompt engineering
- Advanced prompt engineering strategies
- The Foundations: Neural Networks, Deep Learning, CNN, RNN, Transfer Learning
- “Attention is all you need” – The Transformer Architecture
- Pre-training of LLMs
- LLM Fine-tuning techniques
- Reinforcement Learning with Human feedback (RLHF)
- Text Embeddings and Searching with Vector Databases
- Using ChatGPT in Applications
- MLOps, LLMOps (optional)
- Ethical considerations (optional)
Besides gaining a basic understanding of the theory of Large Language Models (LLMs) models, students will also make extensive lab exercises using the OpenAI ChatGPT/GPT Python API to see how these concepts work in practice.
Course Length: 24 training hours
Structure: 50% theory, 50% hands on lab exercises
Target audience: Software developers and other IT and technical professionals as well as managers with technical background who want to understand the concepts, techniques and best practices of ChatGPT/GPT prompt engineering with the ChatGPT/OpenAI GPT Python API.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of IT systems and programming concepts. Basic Python programming skills.